Skip NavigationSkip to Primary Content

Domestic Health Certificates

Are you traveling domestically within the USA? If you are planning on traveling by plane, boat, or car with your pet to another state, your pet may require a domestic health certificate. As a federally accredited veterinarian practice, we can issue travel certificates for your healthy pet so they can travel with you.

A fluffy brown dog wearing white sunglasses indoors
A fluffy brown dog wearing white sunglasses indoors

Why does my pet need a certificate to travel?

Health certificates are federal documents that indicate your pet is healthy to travel and won’t pose a health risk to other pets or people. In most cases, certificates must be issued within 10 days of travel. It is important to note that a pet must be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling. Specific animal health requirements may differ between different states and even different airlines. We encourage you to research the requirements that apply to your travel as soon as possible after scheduling your trip. We highly recommend checking

Please call to schedule your Domestic Health Certificate within 10 days of travel. The veterinarian will perform a physical exam to ensure your pet is healthy enough to travel and that there are no communicable diseases. They will confirm that your pet is current on their Rabies vaccine. You will receive the signed Health Certificate after the appointment. If New Baltimore Animal Hospital did not administer your pet’s last Rabies Vaccine, please bring the Rabies Certificate or vaccine history with you to the appointment so that we can have the Health Certificate ready at the end of the appointment.